Sunday, October 17, 2010

Strikes and sweets


Last friday the French, bless them, decided to yet again go on strike so I got up at 6am to go to school, got there and found out that I had no lessons. I am not saying that I'm for the new retirement age being 62 or something but It's really getting in the way of my lessons and I might sound like a swot but it's true, how am I supposed to pass my baccalaureat next year with about 2 lessons a week?
Anyway I called mum and asked her to come and get me and she said that she was on the way to Andorra with my aunt and dad so they picked me up on the way there and we drove away from the students and teachers clamouring for attention to escape to a well deserved shopping trip.

We stopped at a big shop first which wasn't in the actual town and it was full of alcool and sweets, so many sweets!!! I wandered around eating all the free samples while my parents and aunt piled the trolley high with cheap wine, the shop music was traditional spanish music like the macarena and the ketchup song. When I saw the giant Chupa chups lollys I got quite over excited and had to sit down.
We finally left the shop and drove into the big town where we had a gorgeous lunch and then we went shopping, when I go shopping there is always something I want to get and when I want something on a shopping trip I will find it. This time it was pink knitted tights and a hat with bear ears. I finally found the hat in Zara and the tights in a little local shop. I was so happy to have found my bear hat and I am wearing it even now as I type.

However, no day is perfect and I fell ill with food poisoning the next day but all better now!

3 comments:

  1. Well, I never thought I'd see the day when you were actually wanting to go to school!! Nice new blog background by the way. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meggie

    I actually like you rblog - keep up the good work! PS I love this concept of the sweetie boquet!

    ReplyDelete