Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What heaven tastes like


My love my new hobby, cooking, I've even considered cooking fish which I don't even like but just the thought of being able to cook another kind of food made me feel so proud. The good thing about cooking is that there's always something new to learn, even all the professional chefs don't know everything there are new tastes and dishes ready to be discovered.

I made Nigella Lawson's Devil's food cake as promised, which by the way is what heaven tastes like, my boyfriend made it with me, as he does with most of the cakey things, last week we made a cherry and almond pie and got in an argument about how thick the mixture should have been ("it says it's supposed to look like that!" "well I don't think it looks right!" "well I'm going to follow the RECIPE and keep it like this!" "you do that!") but it turned out fine (because I followed the recipe) I tried to impress him by making roast duck with potatoes which usually turns out brilliantly but of course on this occasion it went wrong an I set fire to the duck but I sacrificed myself and ate the burnt one so at least everyone else enjoyed theirs.

I have set up a list of things I want to make in the next few weeks :
- A damn good cake to give to the secretarys i'm working with on my woruk experience (as a bribe for a good report)
- Pancakes with blueberry syrup, for pancake day of course
- Blondies (brownies but blonde)
- My sisters birthday cake (I will take a photo of that and put it on here but her birthday is at the end of febuary so don't get excited)
- Something that isn't a dessert, any ideas?

I would also like to take the oppurtunity to thank my mum for taking pity on me and leaving comments, but I hope some day to get one from someone else.

2 comments:

  1. Still just me I'm afraid! Lovely cakes, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. where is your sisters cake :)

    ReplyDelete